International Criminal Court (ICC) Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda – the highest legal authority in international criminal law – made a watershed announcement on Friday, 20 December 2019, that Israel has been and is continuing to commit war crimes in the West Bank – including East Jerusalem – and in the Gaza Strip.
Im Tirtzu tells us that the Israeli NGO Adalah, a prominent grantee of the US-based New Israel Fund, announced week that it is “prepared to submit legal material” to the International Criminal Court against Israel.
They say …
“International Criminal Court (ICC) Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda – the highest legal authority in international criminal law – made a watershed announcement on Friday, 20 December 2019, that Israel has been and is continuing to commit war crimes in the West Bank – including East Jerusalem – and in the Gaza Strip.
“Adalah believes that…the ICC prosecutor has made the right decision given the facts,”
“We welcome her position, [and Adalah is] prepared to submit its legal materials and opinions on these matters.”
Adalah, which has received nearly $700,000 from the New Israel Fund in recent years, is an outspoken critic of Israel, which it has labelled an “apartheid” state.
The organisation routinely accuses Israel of war crimes and petitions Israel’s Supreme Court against the IDF and on behalf of convicted terrorists.
I urge you to follow this link to the NGO Monitor in order to learn about Adalah and other NGOs in Israel, who are funded by the New Israel Fund. Who in turn are funded by some of the world’s wealthiest countries and individual Israel haters.
Adalah wrote in its position paper,
“the law clearly shows how the Israeli regime is a colonial system of apartheid, in violation of the Apartheid Convention, which considers apartheid a crime against humanity”
Matan Peleg, CEO of the pro-Israel watchdog Im Tirtzu, blasted the New Israel Fund over its “anti-Israel” funding.
“As it isn’t enough that the NIF funds tens of millions of dollars to anti-Israel propaganda organizations that slander IDF soldiers and defend convicted terrorists in court, now their money is being funnelled towards prosecuting Israel in the ICC,”
“The time has come for the NIF’s donors who have Israel’s best interests at heart to wake up and realise that their money is being weaponised to attack Israel.”
Adalah (in their own words) “An independent human rights organization and legal center” that “promote[s] and defend[s] the rights of Palestinian Arab citizens of Israel” I add to the detriment of Israel.
- In 2017, total income was NIS 4.3 million; total expenses were NIS 4.2 million.
- Donors include: Switzerland (Federal Department of Foreign Affairs), European Union, Broederlijk Delen (Belgium), Bread for the World-EED (Germany), Oxfam Novib (Netherlands), Christian Aid (UK), UNDP, and Open Society Foundation.
- Based on financial information submitted to the Israeli Registrar of Non-Profits, in accordance with the Israeli NGO transparency law, Adalah received NIS 17,713,555 from foreign governmental bodies in 2012-2018 (see chart below for detailed funding information).
- In 2014-2017, Adalah received a core funding grant of $341,700 from the Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law Secretariat (a joint funding mechanism of Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, and the Netherlands that closed in December 2017).
- In 2012-2018, the New Israel Fund (NIF) authorized grants worth $658,911 to Adalah.
This funding from the most antisemitic Israel hating countries in the European Union.
An article I wrote in 2014. ADALAH – a grantee of the NIF