Mike Carlton and the ‘Dirty Half Dozen’.

Tweed Valley based Green/Left site and best friend forever, the Echo has taken some of the hedge out of Crikey’s contract with formerly prominent mouth-ache, Mike Carlton; a development that I take personally and as an intrusion into my peaceful valley.

When Carlton wrote for the Sydney Morning Herald there was no risk of ever coming in contact with him unless he suddenly appeared on TV, which as I understand is remote and as Carlton knows that’s what old Jews invented remotes for anyway. Now he’s in a free electronic newspaper that’s in my email every few days and that I occasionally scan for the obnoxious, especially now that I know he will be there. That’s in your face.

I posted seven comments in the comment box under Carlton’s inaugural piece. All were one liners or close to it and none were offensive.  They hung in “moderation pending” zone for a while and then, zip. Oblivion. If you’ve been tipped into oblivion by the Tweed Echo you really know you’re in oblivion.  None were published, and this despite my long and warm relationship with the Echo. I just can’t understand it.

Incidentally, note how offensive is one of the comments the Echo did publish.

The Echo has a history of some difficulty delineating the political from the racist when it comes to Israel at least when it comes to publishing letters.

AntisemitismThe seventh touched on his main theme which of course is antisemitism. Carlton is just itching to be called an antisemite. He’s on his little hill and he has his chin out. It’s almost perverted. Masochistic. He know who the Jews are and he just knows it was them.

There is only one way to deal with a man who so badly needs to be called an antisemite he just makes stuff up. Decline. No thanks. I’m not going to call Mike Carlton an antisemite. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction.

I will however write a post about antisemitism and Mike Carlton and the seventh post will be there

These are the six unpublished slightly polished posts that address Carlton’s banal idea that Gaza is Israel’s Vietnam.

August 29, 2014 at 5:41 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #1

The US had the option to either fight or leave.
Israel has the option to either fight or surrender.

August 29, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #2

Vietnam did not refuse to recognise the US and seek its destruction.

August 29, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #3

Vietnam war started when foreign forces attacked Vietnam.
Gaza war started when Gaza attacked Israel

August 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #4

Vietnam insurgents and allies nationalist communists with rational objectives.
Hamas is Sunni Jihadist allied to ISIS with an imperial ideology and no national objectives.

August 29, 2014 at 6:21 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #5

Vietnamese insurgents were a national liberation movement.
Hamas and allies are a national enslavement movement.

August 29, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Difference between Vietnam and Gaza #6

Vietnam insurgent ideology far left lunacy with priorities on national development and peace. No ideological animus towards women or minorities.
Hamas/ISIS(plus allies) ideology irrational extreme right with declared global ambitions and a determined genocidal hatred of Jews. Pathological attitude towards women

Originally posted as

The ‘Dirty Half Dozen’ at Geoffff’s Joint

Check Also

Comment posted on “Are we destined for Galut (Exile) forever?”

This comment (name withheld) was posted on “Are we destined for Galut (Exile) forever?” , …

2 comments

1. you cannot use logic or reason against these people, it’s a waste of energy. sue for defamation, that may make them think twice.

2. Nicely said, Geoff.