The Australia Department of Immigration this week cancelled the visa of Richard Williamson, a Catholic bishop who was scheduled to speak in rural Australia this month.
Bishop Williamson has denied that 6 million Jews died in the Holocaust, the Australian Jewish News reported.
They reported they contacted the Department of Immigration last week to alert them of Williamson’s impending visit.
The British-born Roman Catholic bishop was sacked for his Holocaust denial.
In Feb 2010 the UK Telegraph reported:
The notorious English bishop also allegedly told colleagues from his ultraconservative brotherhood that “a completely new world order” had been built on the “fact” that Jews were systematically gassed in concentration camps such as Auschwitz, Treblinka and Sobibor.
Jews, he added, had become“ersatz saviours thanks to the concentration camps,” according to a report in German news magazine Der Spiegel.
“The fact is that the six million people who were supposedly gassed represent a huge lie,” it is claimed he wrote to fellow members of the Society of St. Pius X.
In a separate email, he is said to have written that “1.3 million deported people” were not gassed in the Treblinka, Majdanek, Belzec and Sobibor concentration camps as historians claim, but were rather transported to the Soviet Union.
Williamson is due to face court in the southern German city of Regensburg on April 16 over allegedly Holocaust-denying remarks he made to Swedish television in January last year.
Denying the Holocaust is a crime in Germany. Williamson was on German soil when he gave the interview, though he claims he never intended his remarks to be broadcast there.
In an interview shown by Swedish TV in 2009, Williamson stated:
“I believe that the historical evidence is strongly against, is hugely against, six million Jews having been deliberately gassed in gas chambers as a deliberate policy of Adolf Hitler.”
He went on to deny the existence of gas chambers and cited evidence by Holocaust revisionists that only 200,000 to 300,000 Jews died in the concentration camps.
The bishop was one of four illicitly ordained by rogue priest Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre in 1988, resulting in excommunication by the Catholic Church. But once again the Catholic Church has much to answer for because the excommunications were controversially lifted by Pope Benedict XVI in 2009.
The AJN goes on to say:
The AJN saying, “The individual’s visa has been cancelled,” and noting that the minister was “appreciative” of the newspaper drawing his attention to the matter.
The Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ) also contacted the Department of Immigration last week. Noting Williamson’s views and past, ECAJ urged that he be banned from the country in line with legislation that allows the minister to refuse or cancel a visa on character grounds, having regard to the person’s past criminal record or if there is a significant risk that during that person’s visit he or she would vilify a segment of the Australian community.
Welcoming the government’s decision, ECAJ executive director Peter Wertheim said, “The Minister seems to have drawn the correct conclusion that if Williamson were to be allowed into Australia there is a significant risk he would vilify the Jewish community.”
Describing the Minister’s decision as “a welcome affirmation that [Williamson’s] vile and hateful ideas will not be tolerated in Australia”, B’nai B’rith Anti-Defamation Commission chair Dr Dvir Abramovich added, “I am dismayed that any church or religious group in Australia would embrace a Holocaust denier and give legitimacy to his disgraceful lies.”
It is not clear whether Williamson’s visit was sanctioned by the Catholic Church in Australia, but a spokesperson for Archbishop Christopher Prowse, who is Consultor to the Holy See’s Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews, confirmed that the Canberra-based archbishop had no knowledge of the planned visit.
I am beyond appalled to find this whilst looking for information. The Daily Stormer