Police from the Eastern Suburbs have charged a fourth male over an alleged assault last month at Bondi.About 12.30am on Saturday 26 October 2013, four men, aged 66, 48, 39, and 27, and a 62-year-old woman were walking along Blair Street when they passed a group of males.Police have been told the males made derogatory comments towards the group and allegedly assaulted them.
The alleged assaults continued along Glenayr Avenue until the arrival of officers from the Eastern Suburbs Local Area Command. Three males were arrested a short distance away and taken to Waverley Police Station.
About 10.30am today (Monday 11 November) investigators from the Eastern Suburbs Local Area Command attended a home in Anzac Parade, Maroubra where they arrested a 26-year-old man.
They also seized several items for further forensic examination
He was conveyed to Maroubra Police Station where he was later charged with affray, possess knife in public place and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. He was refused bail and will appear at Waverley Local Court tomorrow.
Two 17-year-old youths were previously charged with affray and breach of bail. They were refused bail and appeared at children’s court on 28 October.
A 23-year-old man was also previously charged with affray and he was granted bail to appear at Waverley Local Court on Tuesday 3 December 2013.
Inquiries into the incident continue.
Police are urging anyone with information about this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/. Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Wednesday 13th November
- The Australian
- November 13, 2013 12:00AM
TWO teenage boys charged over last month’s bashing of six Jews in Sydney’s Bondi were on bail for a separate, alcohol-fuelled assault on two policemen less than two months earlier, court documents show.
The boys, who cannot be named as both are 17, appeared yesterday in a Sydney court charged with affray over the latest attack, which put six people in hospital.
The Jews had been returning home from a religious observance after midnight on October 26.
Both boys have pleaded not guilty to affray over the assault, which sparked an emergency meeting of the Jewish National Fund’s international representatives to canvass ways of addressing antisemitism.
At the brief Children’s Court hearing yesterday, lawyers for the two boys asked for the matter to be dealt with before they were sentenced for assaulting police and affray during an incident on September 7, to which they have pleaded guilty.
According to a statement of facts tendered in court, Constable Chun-Yuan Shieh and Provisional Constable Timothy Bujeia were attacked after they were called to disrupt a brawl between two packs of youths at Coogee beach at about 11pm on September 7.
Constable Shieh was punched twice in the head and knocked to the ground.
Constable Bujeia was beaten repeatedly, including at least one kick to the head, the facts read.
Constable Bujeia said his attackers included the two boys, who were among four people arrested for the attack. Both pleaded guilty.
One of the boys, a TAFE student, had been previously charged with serious offences including armed robbery. Both the boys, who are on remand, will return to court this morning.