With the recent alleged conclusion of Operation Protective Edge, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, along with the western powers, has doomed the Jews of the Middle East to perpetual war.
Unless we see significant policy changes coming out of Jerusalem viz-a-viz the security of the south, Israel can write off that part of the country and just accept the idea that their children will never be even remotely safe. Furthermore, of course, if Israel had any plans to economically or agriculturally develop that part of the country they can simply forget about, at least into the foreseeable future.
Hamas, as it turns out, is actually far more effective in the ethnic-cleansing of Jews from Jewish land than is even the EU, the UN, or the Obama administration. Obama has been twisting Jewish arms for years trying to get us to move off of Jewish land without success, but Hamas knows how it is done.
You simply hit Jews in the head until we go away.
One would think that within living memory of the Holocaust the world community might oppose hitting Jews in the head until we go away, but this is clearly not the case. Just as it is not the case in Guatemala, where a small Jewish group is currently threatened with lynching unless they scram, so it is not the case even in Israel, where half the world’s Jews are under perpetual threat from their former Arab-Muslim masters.
The hatred toward the Jews of the Middle East takes the form of concentric rings of malice, with the rings closest to the physical body of those Jews representing the most fanatical and malicious faction. That is, the Arabs who live within, and directly around, the Jewish State of Israel are the most religiously and authentically genocidal, to the extent that they literally dance in the street at the news of the kidnapping and murder of teenage yeshiva students.
Israel is therefore a fortress wherein the Jews of the Middle East protect themselves from their seething neighbors. The Arabs within, and around, Israel are largely committed to the elimination of Jewish sovereignty and self-defense and have shown themselves willing to use any means necessary, not limited to chopping the heads off of three month old baby girls, as we saw in the 2011 Jihadi attack against the Fogel family in the town of Itamar.
Surrounding the Jews of the Middle East, and their local Arab antagonists, of course, is the larger Arab-Muslim world. There are around 400 million Arabs in the Middle East and about 1.5 billion Muslims world-wide in generalized hostility to about 13 million Jews. That is well over one hundred Muslims for every single Jew on the planet and somewhere between 60 and 70 Arabs for every single Jew in the Middle East. For the most part those 1.5 billion Muslims are not particularly happy with the presence of a Jewish State on what was once a part of the Umma, the larger Arab-Muslim imperial realm. Having conquered land all the way from Indonesia in the East to Andalusia in the West, the vast Arab-Muslim colonial nation remains uncomfortable with effective push-back from its traditional inferiors.
Thus the Arab and Muslim peoples put the weight of their collective influence behind the local Arab fighters who represent the front-lines of violent Islamist anti-Zionism. Beyond the Middle East, of course, lies a slew of western organizations that are supportive of Arab efforts and who provide political, financial, military, and moral backing for anti-Zionism and / or Israel Hatred. These include the United Nations, the European Union, the Obama administration, and the various NGOs and “humanitarian organizations” that perpetually lambaste Israel and drag its name through the mud, while ignoring human rights abuses elsewhere that dwarf anything that Israel ever did in both scale and depravity.
These also include the western media, both mainstream and alternative, that largely favors the Arab majority by ignoring its provocations and intransigence and by almost always interpreting Jewish self-defense as a form of irrational and racist aggression against a small, helpless minority population. The Gaza conflict, like the others in recent years such as Cast Lead or Protective Shield, followed a familiar pattern:
1) The Arabs try to kill Jews via rocketry or kidnappings, or other forms of terrorist attack, but the western media ignores it almost entirely.
2) Israel eventually is forced to fight back.
3) Hamas hides behind women and children and when civilians are therefore killed they blame it on Jewish “aggression,” knowing that their allies in the western-left will repeat and expand that accusation throughout the western world.
4) Western-left allies of Hamas, of the sort found in places like Daily Kos, the Huffington Post, and the UK Guardian, tell one another that, with the exception of Jewish anti-Zionists, “Zonists” are monsters who are doing to the local Arabs what the Nazis did to the Jews… which was Hamas’s purpose for igniting the recent hostilities to begin with.
5) Pressure on Israel increases from all the western sources, including the Obama administration, which obliged Hamas through holding back military supplies to Israel during a time of war, through the FAA decision to temporarily cease flights into Ben Gurion Airport, and through the constant demands for a ceasefire despite the fact that Israel had yet to complete its military objectives, limited as even those were.
6) Violence against Jews increases from Arab sources around the world, including Europe and the Americas.
By refusing to allow Israel to finish the job Benjamin Netanyahu, in collusion with the western powers, has ensured that the Gaza front will remain open and bloody for many years to come.
Furthermore, the areas of Israel around Gaza will have a very difficult time coming back economically – or as any place to raise a family – because Israelis can have little faith in government pronouncements concerning their ongoing security. In this way Hamas has essentially ruined maybe one quarter of the small landmass that is Israel and did so with the help of far larger forces.
Originally posted at Israel Thrives.